2018 Fukuoka Ruby Award Competition - Entries to b
Dear Ruby Enthusiasts,
The Government of Fukuoka, Japan, together with “Matz” Matsumoto would like to invite you to enter the following Ruby competition. If you have developed an interesting Ruby program, please be encouraged to apply.
2018 Fukuoka Ruby Award Competition - Grand Prize - 1 Million Yen!
Entry Deadline: January 31, 2018
Matz and a group of panelists will select the winners of the Fukuoka Competition. The grand prize for the Fukuoka Competition is 1 million yen. Past grand prize winners include Rhomobile (USA) and APEC Climate Center (Korea).
Programs entered in the competition do not have to be written entirely in Ruby but should take advantage of the unique characteristics of Ruby.
Projects must have been developed or completed within the past 12 months to be eligible. Please visit the following Fukuoka websites for additional details or to enter:
Please email the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year, there are the following special prizes:
The winner of the AWS Prize will receive:
- Amazon Fire Tablet (subject to change)
- AWS architect technical consultation
The winner of the GMO Pepabo Prize will receive:
- Lolipop! shared hosting service: 10-year free subscription of the Standard Plan, or JPY 100,000 coupon for the metered plan of the Managed Cloud.
- Muumuu Domain DNS registration service: 10-year free subscription of one domain (for a domain that costs JPY 10,000 or less per year).
The winner of the IIJ GIO Prize will receive:
- Further details will be announced later.
The winner of the Money Forward Prize will receive:
- dinner with Money Forward’s Ruby committers.
- a 10 years free ticket for the premium services of our personal financial management service “Money Forward”.
The winner of the Salesforce Prize will receive:
- salesforce.com novelty goods
“Matz will be testing and reviewing your source code thoroughly, so it’s very meaningful to apply! The competition is free to enter.”
Posted by Fukuoka Ruby on 27 Dec 2017