This Week in Spring - September 13, 2016
Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring ! It’s been an amazing week here in China, hanging out with Alibaba and Huawei, bringing the Spring. This week it’s off to Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Hong Kong!
Our pal Pieter Humphrey has been busy this week getting the SpringOne Platform 2016 videos up and online for us to enjoy so there’s a lot of good stuff this week! Thanks Pieter!
- Want see Mark Fisher and Mark Pollack present and live demo their way through Spring Cloud Data Flow on September 29th? Reserve your seat now!
- Want to learn what’s new in Spring Framework 4.3? Join Spring framework lead Juergen Hoeller for this look at an awesome framework
- I liked this talk from Home Depot on what 12 Factor applications means to a Java Developer and turns out it was one of the top attended at the conference!
- I gave an almost 2 hour long talk at SpringOne Platform 2016 called Cloud Native Java covering Spring Boot (REST, HATEOAS, Actuator, JPA), Spring Cloud (centralized configuration, service registration and discovery, circuit breakers, microproxies, API gateways, eventual consistency, stream processing, observability and monitoring, distributed tracing), Spring Cloud Security (OAuth and SSO) and Spring Cloud Data Flow. Get it while it’s hot!
- Join Apache Tomcat ninja Mark Thomas for a great look at the Apache Tomcat roadmap in this talk from SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spring Cloud Task and Spring Batch lead Michael Minella has just announced Spring Cloud Task 1.0.3 and 1.1.0.M1 are now available
- Spring Integration lead Gary Russell has just announced Spring for Apache Kafka 1.1.0 M2, which now supports batching consumption of messages from a Kafka destination and seek operations! Get it while it’s hot!
- Spring Cloud Stream lead Marius Bogoevici has just announced Spring Cloud Stream Brooklyn RC1
- Spring Session lead Rob Winch has just announced Spring Session 1.2.2 which contains numerous bugfixes and improvements
Instance-specific routing has just landed in Cloud Foundry’s
gorouter! This is ideal for instance-specific Spring Boot actuator endpoints!
- I like this Chinese-language introduction to Spring Retry
- Want to hack together a poor-man’s authorization server with Spring Session? This is a pretty good introduction!
- I loved this blog introducing Spring Cloud Sleuth and Zipkin support on Aliyun’s blog . Aliyun, for those not aware, is like AWS to Alibaba.com’s Amazon. This is super cool!
- Our former CTO Adrian Coyler has a great article on his Blog “The Morning Paper” on handling data in microservice architecture .