This Week in Spring, October 23rd, 2018 - Oracle C
Hi Spring fans! Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring! This week I’ve just flown back from Canada and Russia where I was at the amazing Joker conference in St. Petersburg. I’m now in San Francisco (where I live!) for a couple of days to soak up the amazing atmosphere around Oracle CodeOne, reunited with the Java community and longtime friends. I’m so excited about the presentation that fellow Java Champion Trisha Gee and I are doing tomorrow at 11:30 am that introduces an end-to-end reactive and Spring-based application from JavaFX client to service. Do not miss this!
After CodeOne, I’ll fly back to Europe for business in Connecticut and then it’s off to Paris, FR, for the Voxxed Days Microservices event.
Well, with that out of the way we have a ton of things to look at so let’s get to it!
- Functional Bean Registrations in Spring Cloud Function
- Spring Cloud Data Flow 1.7 RC1 released
- How Welcoming is the Spring Community for Apprentice Developers? A Recent Survey Says We Can Do Better.
- Spring IO Platform Cairo-SR5
- Spring IO Platform Brussels-SR14
- Spring Cloud Edgware.SR5 Has Been Released
- Spring Boot 2.1.0 RC1 available now
- Codecentric Spring Boot Admin 2.0.4 out now! Primarily a bunch of bugfixes. Here’s the announcement
- Check out the seamless Spring Cloud integration with Azure services
- Maciej Walkowiak’s 10 minutes-long video introducing Spring Data JDBC is worth a look
- Check out this awesome series of posts from Datadog that puts together the best Pivotal Cloud Foundry architecture overview I’ve seen, and explains key metrics
- How to Run Any Dockerized Application on Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Antoine Rey has just announced that the Spring PetClinic community has now its own website
- I love this InfoQ psot: an Introduction to Kotlin for Serverside Java Developers
- Nils Hartmann created a short video that shows how you can develop your Java Spring Boot applications using Visual Studio Code
- I love this post explaining how a static Spring Batch property mapper would work
- Sergei Egorov points out that Dependabot is going to support Spring Boot’s Gradle dependency management plugin
- Make sure you register for this upcoming November 8th webinar, “Everything You Wanted to Know About Serverless But Were Afraid to Ask” , by Function-as-a-service Project Riff lead Mark Fisher and Forester’s John Rymer
- I’m pretty honored to have just been made a member of the Oracle “Groundbreaker” community - thanks, Oracle!
- Playing around with Kotlin and Spring Webflux
- Benjamin Wilms just announced the next BIG release of Chaos Monkey for Spring Boot including Micrometer metrics, customized attacks on your methods at runtime and much more! Take a look !
- GraphQL – The Future of Microservices?
- Introduction to Reactive APIs with Postgres, R2DBC, Spring Data JDBC and Spring WebFlux
- Toshiaki Maki points out that the Cloud Foundry Java Buildpack, v4.16.1, shipped with JDK 11.0.1 support
- Have you seen the Spring-based SOA framework from Alibaba called Dubbo, now in incubation at Apache ?
- I loved the Snyk JVM Ecosystem Report for 2018 ; it’s good to see so many people using Spring!
- the R2DBC project has a new home in the Spring Data projects!
- Advanced Functional Testing in Spring Boot Using Docker in Tests