This Week in Spring - March 7th, 2017
Welcome to another installment of This Week in Spring ! As usual, we’ve got a lot to cover so let’s get to it!
- Spring ninja Stéphane Nicoll has just announced Spring Boot 1.4.5 and 1.5.2 , both of which are packed with small improvements and bug-fixes.
- Spring Security ninja Joe Grandja just announced Spring Security OAuth 2.1.0 and 2.0.13 . This release includes new features supporting JSON Web Signature (JWS) verification using JSON Web Key (JWK). This feature provides support for authorization servers and have implemented key rollover/rotation.
- Spring Security lead Rob Winch just announced Spring Security 4.2.2, a bug-fix release
- I liked this InfoQ interview with the Spring Cloud Data Flow’s Eric Bottard
- last week, continuing the Spring Tips series, we looked at Spring 5’s programmatic bean registration
- Christophe has put together a nice look at container networking on Pivotal Web Services with Spring Cloud - check it out!
- Spring ninja Stéphane Nicoll also just announced Spring Framework 4.3.7, a maintenance release
- The folks at Solace, makers of a message broker, have put together a nice post introducing their Solace Spring Boot starters
- The NewStack has a nice look at Apache Geode
- while this has nothing to do with Pivotal, it’s very interesting: former Rent the Runway CTO Camille Fournier talks about motivating strong (dev) teams . Worth a watch!
- another great talk from community legends Matt Raible and Micah Silverman at the Kentucky Spring User Group on Prospecting the Security Landscape with Spring Boot, Zuul, and Stormpath
- Spring Data lead Oliver Gierke just announced the Ingalls SR1 and Hopper SR8 releases
- I liked this very interesting Twitter discussion starting with the Spring team’s Rob Winch looking for good options for integration tests