This Week in Spring - March 22nd, 2016
Welcome to another installation of This Week in Spring ! As usual, we’ve got a lot to cover so let’s get to it! This week I’m supposed to be in Paris and Belgium. Unfortunately, because of the recent, tragic, disgusting and cowardly attacks on the Brussels airport and metro , I am not entirely sure about whether I’ll be in Belgium physically. Tonight’s meetup talk, however, will carry on remotely, via streaming . Stay tuned to my Twitter handle - @starbuxman for more.
That said, there’s a lot of great content so let’s get to it!
- Spring Data lead Oliver Gierke has just announced the first release candidate of Spring Data Hopper .
- our local Spring and Kotlin ninja Sebastien Deleuze has put together a blog demonstrating some interesting applications of Spring and Kotlin in his sample application, a GeoSpatial Messenger .
- Spring Security lead Rob Winch has announced Spring Security SAML 1.0.2 .
- Spring Tool Suite lead Martin Lippert continues his series on using Spring Boot and Cloud Foundry from the Spring Tool Suite . This installment looks at Cloud Foundry manifests, among other things.
- Spring Security and Spring Session lead Rob Winch has just announced two new cuts: Spring Session 1.2.0.RC1 and Spring Session 1.1.1 .
- Ashely Puls of New Relic does a JVM deep dive in her SpringOne2GX 2015 talk - What it means to be just in time
- Matt Raible’s Epic framework smackdown talk is back hear him compare ReactJS, AngularJS, EmberJS
- Michael Ploed from InnQ discusses Building microservices with event sourcing and CQRS form SpringOne2GX 2015
- Spring Boot strike you as being too magical ? It’s not. It’s just an abstraction, and it’s easy to reason about if you understand the abstraction. Our pal Siva Prasad Reddy has put together a nice post that pulls back the curtain around how Spring Boot’s auto-configuration works
- our pals from Heroku are back at it again with another great post on using Spring Cloud, this time on using Spring Cloud’s Zuul integration .
- our pal Biju Kunjummen has a nice post on deploying Spring Boot applications with Cloud Foundry
- I think a lot of people have questions about how to write effective service clients using the Spring Cloud Hystrix circuit breaker integration, and - amazingly - this documentation does a pretty good job !
- I’ll be speaking at the Darmstadt JUG April 21st, come join me !
- Take a look at what’s coming in JHipster 3.0, complete with deep Spring Cloud integration!