This Week in Spring - October 13, 2015
We’ve got a lot to cover so let’s get to it!
- After an extensive gestation period, one of our mad scientists Andy Wilkinson just announced the first GA release of the Spring REST Docs project which makes it easy to pull together automatic and human-augmented API documentation based on the tests used to exercise the APIs under test. Spring REST Docs has become a runaway success and it’s definitely worth your time.
- Spring Tool Suite lead Martin Lippert just published a nice blog on the powerful local Spring Boot applications feature in STS
- Dr. Mark Pollack just announced the release of Spring XD 1.3M1 which includes updates to the included Spring Integration and Hadoop revisions, updated UI experiences, a Cassandra Sink, a header-enricher processor and much more; check it out!
- Benedikt Ritter has put together a detailed post on deploying Spring Boot applications to Heroku
- Dan Vega’s published a quick walkthrough of the various features in Spring Tool Suite on YouTube
- Michael Simmons has an interesting post covering Spring ninja Stéphane Nicoll’s talk introducing current and new features in Spring Boot at the Aachens EuregJUG this year.
- Pas Apicella put together a nice look at using Spring Boot and ElasticSearch repositories with IBM Bluemix
- the CodeWithC blog has a post on converting older Spring applications to use Spring Boot
- our pal Petri Kainulainen is at it again, this time with a post on using type converters with Spring MVC
- Jakub Narloch has put together a look at using Spring Cloud and Feign along with SPDY and HTTP2
- Our pal Ryan Baxter is at it again in his tutorial series on using Spring Cloud atop IBM Bluemix (which, after all, is a Cloud Foundry variant) with a post looking at circuit breakers